Saturday, September 5, 2020

Graphic 45 Farmhouse Birthday Card

Welcome back and Nancy, here to share a fun card made with the Graphic 45 Farmhouse collection.  Take time to remember life’s simple pleasures of watching the sunrise from the front porch, walking down a country road, having a chat with a good friend, or enjoying our animal friends. All these simple, good things about life are celebrated in this Graphic 45 Farmhouse collection.  Cards and projects covered with this country and fall colored paper are gorgeous enough to set out as home décor with the fresh country vibe. 
The 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" birthday card is filled with farm/ranch goodness with a fun pocket for tags and a gift card made with the Graphic 45 die set that holds a gift card or gift certificate or chocolates. etc..  I just love the colors and country theme in this collection especially since we live on the farm and most of our relatives were raised in the farm/ranch country on our prairie.  
I made this card especially for my sister-in-law whose favorite time of the day is to sit on her porch in the afternoons and visit with with friends and family that stopped by for a friendly chat.   
The Graphic 45 Farmhouse collection has a Farmhouse Cardboard stickers with this clock but I used the Graphic 45 Staples Dies-Square Tag and Clock die set and cut out the clock with black cardstock, added the patterned paper cut out with a circle die and then the Farmhouse sticker in the center.  I used the Scraphbook Adhesives 3D black foam squares on the back of the clock.
Graphic 45 - Farmhouse - 12 x 12 Collection Pack
Graphic 45 Paper Collection with Graphic 45 Stickers Included
Graphic 45 - Farmhouse - Cardstock Sticker
Graphic 45 Farmhouse Stickers



Opening this style of card is really fun because the inside pocket reveals all the goodies and sweet sentiment inside.  I am just loving using the Graphic 45 Policy and Decorative Die sets for making vintage style labels, lace and the largest die for a small envelope/pocket.  
This is the back of my card with my name.  I cut out the Graphic 45 Policy and Decorative Die with the lace die in black cardstock.  I fussy cut the chicken to cow and stamped my stame on the pig.  


This card base measures 6 1/2" x 6 1/2" when closed, Here’s how to create the card base.
  • I use heavy poster board paper for my base frames to prevent warping for larger cards.  Measure and cut a 6 1/2" x 12".  Score at 6 1/2".  I cut out 6 1/2 square black cardstock and used Beacon 3-n-1 Advanced glue to adhere to the poster board paper.  
  • My pocket on the inside measures 2" x 6 1/2".  I cut 2" x 7" strip of paper and scored 1/4" on each side and folded at the score lines.  Take glue and glue a little strip on the bottom and on the edge for the pocket to open up.  Then fill with another ephemera card and a little chocolate treat.  I filled this pocket with tags and 
  • Embellish the tags with ribbon and Wild Craft Chrysanthemums flowers along with using the Graphic 45 Farmhouse stickers for the tags on black cardstock. I just stuck the stickers on black cardstock and cut a 1/4" frame around it.   I used yellow brads for the label on one Graphic 45 Farmhouse cardstock sticker to be adhered to the pocket.  Additionally, you can fill this pocket with Graphic 45 Farmhouse ephemera cards and a little chocolate treat.
 I used the lace die in the Graphic 45 Policy and Decorative Die die cut with black cardstock for the back of this card.  


Thanks for your visit today!  I hope this card inspired you to get your order into The Rubber Buggy and have a bit of fun in your next crafty adventure!.  The Rubber Buggy has the crafting supplies for your next project.   My cards and projects are always posted on Saturday and would love to hear from you in the comment section below.  

Enjoy and Happy Crafting!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger.