Saturday, October 10, 2020

Stamperia Seaworld Gift Box with Mould

Welcome back and Nancy, here, to share a mixed media gift box for my brother filled with Huckleberry goodies from our Idaho Huckleberry bushes which are found in our mountains nearby.  I tried doing the huckleberry picking but ended up eating more than what I brought home.  

This gift box was made from the Stamperia Seaworld paper pad and Stamperia Seaworld mould.  I found this a challenge for me since the gift was for a male, my brother, and I am not really acquainted with the colors of the sea creatures so I did a lot of research before coloring the seahorse and starfish using the gorgeous new arrivals of the Prima Marketing Metallic waxes.

Stamperia Seaworld paper pad




I just love this Stamperia rustic wood cardstock in this collection along with the 6" decorative square that leaves room for a sentiment.  I found an anchor and more gears and added some of the 
Prima Marketing Metallique waxes to these before using a glue gun to adhere to the inside of the box.
I used this paper in the Stamperia Seaworld collection for each side of the wooden box.  I just used the this side of the cardstock for the top and bottom on each side. I love the 3D rustic appearance of the rusted out tin on this paper with the metal steal.  




Of course, the gift box will have a variety of handmade Idaho Wild Huckleberry goodies. Our area is very known for its Huckleberries that are picked from small bushes in our mountains nearby.
 
I created the Stamperia Sea Horse from the Stamperia Seaworld Soft Mould using the Stamperia Extra Soft Clay.  You can take this out immediately to let dry overnight or let the castings dry in the mould.  I covered the dry castings with a coat of clear gesso and then used my fingers to apply the 
Prima Marketing Finnabair Metallic wax Firebird and Prima Marketing Finnabair Metallic Mint Sparkle wax.  


I applied a coat of Clear Gesso and Prima Marketing Metallique waxes on the vintage gears and used a hot glue gun to adhere on the box.  I colored some cheese cloth with Ranger Distress Antique ink using a sponge and lightly dampen the cheese cloth and stretched it to appear like fish net.  I used a hot glue gun to adhere the cheese cloth and then used the hot glue gun to adhere the sea horse.  I added glue around the seahorse and dabbed on the Stamperia Glamour Sparkles Burnt Amber which looks like antique colored glass - very gorgeous and there are more colors available at The Rubber Buggy.   
Thanks for your visit today!  The Rubber Buggy has the crafting supplies for your next project. So have fun crafting this weekend with these products.   My cards and projects are always posted on Saturday.  Keep watching and thank you so much for those wonderful comments as well as suggestions. 
Enjoy and Happy Crafting!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger.