Saturday, September 4, 2021

Baby Infant Explosion Box

Welcome back and Nancy, here.  If you’re interested in taking your next greeting card over the top, an explosion box is worth creating. What a  perfect way to tell someone you love them, you’re thinking of them or you can’t wait to meet their new little bundle of joy. 

An explosion box is a greeting card in a handmade gift box made from sheets of cardstock.   When you remove the lid of the box, the card opens up to reveal personalized messages and other decorated elements crafted by you. Once you’ve finalized the finishing touches on the inside, fold all of the layers together and add your lid to the top. 

 I made the explosion boxes before but this time, I spent more time thinking about how embellish it than creating it so I hope my instructions, templates and list of supplies and products will save you lots of time to put your explosion box together for that special person. Even if you’ve never made an explosion box before, I have you covered with my detailed step-by-step and template for you to follow and this very adorable baby boy 4" square explosion box won't take you much time to create.  All of your wonderful craft supplies and products are available at The Rubber Buggy.com.  







Supplies:
Heavy White Cardstock - I like the 110lb weight for extra strength but 80lb weight will also be fine
Ruler
A1 Creative White Stone Resin or epoxy resin for the moulds



5mm flat back string of pearls
Baby mould or anything you want for the center
Prima Marketing Art Alchemy Magic Pond Blue acrylic paint for the baby's hat along with Prima Marketing White Pearl acrylic paint for the bunny's tail on the baby.
Copic Marker E00 and R20 to color the baby's body 
Wild Orchid Craft 10mm white roses and Wild Orchid Craft Mini Sweet Heart Blossom flowers
28 Lilac Lane Buttons or Attic Button Mix  Buttons were painted with white gesso and painted on light brown acrylic paint to coordinate with the plaid paper
Baby stickers and baby die cuts from my ole stash along with some floral dies and doily dies
Dress My Craft Pink Celebration Sequins which contains clear stars, hearts, etc.


Instructions and Templates




Each side of the white cardstock is covered with 4" square of Stamperia Little Boy papers along with the triangle corners that were cut corner to corner from a 4" square to fit each triangle.

I dotted certain areas with clear glue and slide with a pen the clear stars and golden hearts from Dress My Crafts Pink Soda jar of sequins, stars and hearts.  Then I glued the string of pearls across the hot air balloon and added these die cut sentiments from an old die set. 
I took these buttons and painted some white gesso and painted a light brown paint to blend in with the background.  The adorable gold hearts and clear sequins that have shine with light are from the Dress My Crafts Pink Soda jar of embellishments.  The baby bed was die cut with white metallic or shimmer cardstock.

I used Copic Marker to color the 5mm flat back pearls before gluing in center of flower.  I added the 10mm Wild Orchid Craft rose in the center of the saddle with a string of flat back pearls around the saddle.  I cut the sides of the string of flat back pearls to curl around the saddle.

Found an old sticker to and rhinestone string to embellish this 4" Stamperia Little Boy paper with the baby bear and bunny.  I added the Dress My Craft clear stars and gold hearts with dots of glue.  I punch out the flowers and added 5mm flat back pearls in the center after coloring the pearls with a bluish green Copic Marker.


My baby boy was made with epoxy resin from an old mould. I sprayed on primer and colored the baby's hat with Prima Marketing Magic Pond acrylic paint and the body with Copic Marker E00 and R20 for the cheeks. I colored the bunny tail on the baby with Prima Marketing White Pearl paint.   I cut out a 4" square with Stamperia Little Boy paper and die cut a small dolly for the baby to lay.  I dressed up the square with Dress My Craft clear stars and gold hearts with dots of glue as well as Wild Orchid Craft roses and Sweet Blossom flowers.  

LID



I set the Prima Marketing Gungy frame with epoxy resin.  I had it dry over night and sprayed with primer or white gesso will also work.  I painted the Prima Marketing Gungy frame with Prima Marketing White Pearl Metallic acrylic paint which gives it a shimmer and let dry and then sponged on with my fingers the Prima Marketing Gold Rose wax in areas of the mould to bring out the gorgeous details.  

I cut out the Stamperia Little Boy circle frame and added a 3" diameter doily behind it.  I used clear glue behind the resin frame and held it down for a few minutes with my fingers for the glue to really attach to the cardstock since it wants to pull away a little.  I used a hot glue gun to adhere the flowers and bow next to the frame.  

I used Scor-Tape around the lid and added the blue plaid ribbon.  I handmade the plaid ribbon and used Scor-tape to take it on.  Then I used a hot glue gun to adhere the rhinestone heart and Wild Orchid Craft Sweet Blossom flower in the center of the bow.

Now you have the steps, template and inspiration you need to create your own explosion box!

So get crafting and have a fabulous day and thanks for visiting.

 The Rubber Buggy has the crafting supplies for your next project. So have fun crafting this weekend with these products.   My cards and projects are always posted on Saturday.  Keep watching and thank you so much for those wonderful comments as well as suggestions. 

Enjoy and Happy Crafting!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger.