Saturday, October 15, 2022

Graphic 45 Let It Bee Birthday card with pocket

Welcome back and Nancy, here.  I am excited to do fall birthday cards with a handmade bouquet of fall leaves and flowers and sticks from my back yard.  I stamped out some sentiments and adhered these to the candy bars for that added touch when my friend gets her bouquet of flowers with treats.

Leaves are turning and morning walks feeling crispy cooler temperatures and seeing the pumpkins just inspired me to create another card with Graphic 45 Let It Bee collection.  I love these images and colors of beautiful sunflowers, golden bees and bright red poppies with bee sentiments just perfect for card making, mini albums and papercrafts.   

I made a card to insert inside the pocket and added a wooden spoon and tea bag for a treat. Now my card is a gift!  You can also tuck a gift card inside but I will add some family photos this year in additional to the treats and birthday card in the pocket.
I added some metal bees and coated with some Prima Marketing gold wax to bring out the bees.  I used a hot glue gun to glue on the bees as well as the handmade sunflower.  I used a Copic Market that is a darker gold to brush on the center of the yellow petals for some contrast.  I added a jute string behind the flower before using a hot glue gun to adhere it to the card.
I created a pocket with 1/4" depth with 2" x 6" pocket and the scoring of 1/4" on the inside of the card so when the card is folded, the pocket will fold with the card.  The outside measurements of the card is 5" x 7" but when scoring, make sure to cut an addition 1/4" for that scoring in the center.  

 Before gluing the front of the card to the base frame, I added jute string around the card so that the jute could hold the card together with the treats in the pocket on the inside of the card.

My card measures 5" x 7"

Supplies:

Metal bee embellishments


Instructions:
  • First, create a 5″ x 7″  fold card base from white heavy cardstock and measure 14 1/4" x 5" (1/4 will be score in the center for the fold that will coordinate with the pocket.
  • Next, 5" x 7" Graphic 45 pattern paper on 5" x 7" cardstock and adhere to front of card base.
  • Cut out 2" x 5" Graphic 45 pattern paper and add a 1/8" black cardstock border around this paper and glue behind the image.
  • Cut out the Honey Bee square from the paper pad and adhere to the top right.  I also made sunflowers from an ole die and used the yellow pattern paper to cut out the flowers.  I used a Copic Marker that is has a little bit of coral and used the large tip to ink in the center of each petal for that fall look of a sunflower.
  • Use a hot glue gun to adhere metal bees and the handmade flowers to the front of the card.
  • Inside Instructions.  Cut out a 5" x 7" patterned paper from the collection and adhere to both sides of the inside.
  • Cut out sentiments images  from the collection and adhere to both sides of the inside.
  • I type my sister's name and printed it on the paper pad and cut it out with a tab die cut for the birthday card inserted in the pocket on the inside of the card.


  • Graphic 45 Busy Bee
    (In the 12" x 12" Graphic 45 Let It Bee paper pad collection or sold separately)

    Graphic 45 Let It Bee 12" x 12" paper pad

    Graphic 45 Queen Bee
    (In the 12" x 12" Graphic 45 Let It Bee paper pad or sold separately)

    So get crafting and have a fabulous  day and thanks for visiting.

     The Rubber Buggy has the crafting supplies for your next project. So have fun crafting this weekend with these products.   My cards and projects are always posted on Saturday.  Keep watching and thank you so much for those wonderful comments as well as suggestions. 

    Enjoy and Happy Crafting!



1 comment:

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger.