Saturday, December 31, 2022

Blue Fern Studio Mistletoe and Holly Birthday Card

   Welcome back and Nancy, here.  Needing a birthday card for this time of year.  Discover Blue Fern Studio Mistletoe and Holly collection that brings out our warmest childhood memories of baking delicious treats in the kitchen, a silent blanket of snow outside, and stockings filled with tasty surprises in rich and vintage colors.



My card measures 6" x 6" and there wasn't much need to embellish since the gorgeous pattern papers of vintage scenes were too beautiful to cover up. I used two of the single Blue Fern Studios - Mistletoe & Holly - 12 x 12 Chalet single cardstock and had some left over for a smaller card.   I just cut the size I needed for the front and added Nuvo Clear Glitter to the Ciao Bella Snowflake stencil and then NUVO Crystal Gloss White drops to the bottom of  cottages to the snow since I wanted the wintery snowy scene as well as bring out the gorgeous flowers found in the Blue Fern Studios - Mistletoe & Holly - Ephemera Pack #2 Frostings.

I used Scrapbook Adhesive 3D Foam Strips behind the flowers and pine cones to give it a raised appearance and used a hot glue gun to adhere the glittery white ribbon behind the chipboard flowers as well as some of the flowers on the edge of the card.  I added two Wild Orchid Craft little flowers and some tiny pine cones around the flowers for more of a 3D appearance.   

Inside of the card, I cut out the patterned paper and adhere on both sides.  I typed out a sentiment, printed the fonts in dark brown and tore the edges of the paper with my fingers.  I sponged on with a brush the Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink - Gathered Twigs on the edges and used the Ranger Tim Holtz Spun Sugaon a rose stamp around the sentiment before gluing to the inside of the card.

Now, I have a wintery birthday card for this time of year to my special daughter.  

Supplies

So get crafting and have a fabulous  day and thanks for visiting.

 The Rubber Buggy has the crafting supplies for your next project. So have fun crafting this weekend with these products.   My cards and projects are always posted on Saturday.  Keep watching and thank you so much for those wonderful comments as well as suggestions. 

Enjoy and Happy Crafting!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger.