Saturday, December 17, 2022

Sizzix Tim Holtz Harvey Christmas Cards

Welcome back and Nancy, here.  I'm sharing two of my Christmas cards I made for you of the Tim Holtz/Sizzix Christmas release using the Guardsman from the Harvey Colorize Thinlits. The minute I saw this set of Thinlits, I knew Harvey would be perfect to send Christmas wishes to all to my friends and family especially with children. I even made one Christmas card using this little toy soldier as a nutcracker.  


Each card measures 5" x 7".  I added the new Tim Holtz Pine Branches embossing folder to the card above and will be showing more cards this season with the gorgeous pine branch embossing.  I used shimmer cardstock and used a snowflake embossing folder first on 4 1/2" X 6 1/2" cardstock and then used a brush to sponge on Ranger Distress Oxide Peeled Paint ink.  I tried other darker inks on my trial runs but liked the lighter color green with a touch of yellow.  I liked using the brush rather than a sponge this time.  I framed this card with gold metallic cardstock and Lawn Fawn Christmas paper.
This set of 19 Thinlits Dies, Harvey Colorize is designed by Tim Holtz and is part of the Christmas Collection for Sizzix. 
 In the beginning to understand how these pieces go together, I die-cut the base first and then the face.  I colored the face with Copic Markers rather than a solid cardstock and glued this on to the base before gluing the hat and die cuts on the hat. When cutting out the base, the face and other parts of the soldier is scored into the base cardstock so that you know perfectly where the face will be glued first.   After completing one toy soldier, I recommend to cut out the pants and shoes and glue to base before doing the jacket since the pants fit lightly under the jacket.  I found it very useful to have the picture of the solders from the package in front of me as a guideline.

I added the pearls to the buttons but the die set has a small die that is for the buttons and eyes.  If you are struggling with cardstock, I like sponging on ink on cardstock or using the Copic Markers for some of those pieces like sponging the front of the jacket with Distress Oxide Lumberjack Plaid ink before cutting it out.  I adhere a holly chipboard from the Tim Holtz Christmas Botanicals chipboard packet which the package is filled with stunning poinsettias and holly for that special Christmas embellishment.

I had the Graphic 45 Nutcracker carcstock so I used this for the Nutcracker theme.  I added the Tim Holtz Candy cane which has been my favorite embellishment for Christmas cards this year as well as Tim Holtz

Supplies:

Sizzix-Tim Holtz Harvey Colorized die set
Sizzix-Tim Holtz Textures Fades Pine Branches Embossing Folder
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Christmas Confections Candy Canes
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Layers Christmas Botanicals Chipboard
Graphic 45 Nutcracker Sweet paper
Ranger Distress Oxide Ink - Peeled Paint
Ranger Distress Oxide Ink - Lumberjack Plaid
My Colors White Cardstock
Spellbinder Blending Brushes
Beacon 3-n-1 Advanced Glue
Scor-Pal Scoring Board

So get crafting and have a fabulous  day and thanks for visiting.


 The Rubber Buggy has the crafting supplies for your next project. So have fun crafting this weekend with these products.   My cards and projects are always posted on Saturday.  Keep watching and thank you so much for those wonderful comments as well as suggestions. 

Enjoy and Happy Crafting!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger.