Saturday, January 14, 2023

Sizzix Pine Branch All Occasion Cards

Welcome back and Nancy, here.  Hope you had a wonderful week of crafting.  I am sharing two cards that were embossed with Sizzix Tim Holtz 3D embossing folders - Pine Branch and Lumber.  I am really lovin these 3D embossing folders with the define texture and gives the deepest and boldest dimensional embossing that makes ordinary cardstock, metallic foil or vellum into an embossed, textured masterpiece using any of the die cut machines such as Sizzix Big Shot, etc. 



I love this barn and looks just like the one on our farm.

I stamped both of the images first before using the embossing folder.  I placed the stamped cardstock and aligned where I want the pine branches to be near the image and then put the embossing folder in my Sizzix Big Shot about three times to get the embossing 3D texture that I was looking for. 
 
NOTE:  I had to clean the embossing folder with wipes after putting my stamp image in the embossing folder since the ink still rubbed off  inside the embossing folder each time even after having the ink dry first.  

I used a blending brush with Distress Oxide Ink Peeled Paint and Pine Needle and brushed on the raised pine branches to bring out the texture. I decided that the pine branches might look good with a little shimmer so I lightly added the top card in various areas the NUVO White BLizzard glitter drops  to bring out the snowy shine.

trimmed the panel to 4 x 6 and sponged around the edges with the same colored Distress Inks as the needles for each card. I colored in the stamped images with Distress Watercolor pencils. I cut out a card base of 5 x 7" and score in the center and added the frames before adhereing the panel to the card.

I used an ole Spellbinder nestabilities rectangle die to cut out the frame and embossed it with Sizzix Tim Holtz Lumber embossing folder.  I brush the top of the wooden embossing with Distress Oxide Ground Espresso ink.  

I added a pine branch with cone using the Tim Holtz Botanical packet on the top card.  Second card, I added the fish chipboard from the with the Stamperia Forest Chipboard Die Cuts Embellishment packet and used 3D foam to adhere the fish to the card.  I used Beacon 3-n-1 Advanced glue to adhere the jute to the fish as well as to the rest of the card.  

All of the supplies used in todays blog are listed below. Click the products to make a purchase. Have fun when your order arrives from The Rubber Buggy and I'll be back next Saturday to share more projects with the new arrivals.  Thank you so much for joining me today! 

Supplies:

Sizzix Tim Holtz Texture Fade Lumber Embossing Folder

Ranger Peeled Paint Distress Oxide


That’s it for me today!  I’m still trying to get back on track after the New Year!  Now it is crafting our wintery cards for birthday and other occasions and soon Valentine's cards.

The Rubber Buggy has the crafting supplies for your next project. So have fun crafting this weekend with these products.   My cards and projects are always posted on Saturday.  Keep watching and thank you so much for those wonderful comments as well as suggestions. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger.