Saturday, January 21, 2023

Valentine's Card with Sizzix

Welcome back and Nancy, here.  Hope you are having a wonderful crafty week!  I am excited to share with you two Valentine's cards using the Sizzix 3-D Texture Fades Embossing Folder by Tim Holtz - Entangled and Sizzix 3-D Lucky Love Impresslits.  The Sizzix 3-D embossing folders create amazing engraved backgrounds with depth and intricate details that give you cards that WOW!  The Rubber Buggy has all of the supplies you will need but get your order right away since these will soon go fast.

I definitely want to share some of my tips of achieving the deepest embossing as well as coloring both the embossing folder and impresslit heart die/embossing plate.

I spent some time viewing Tim Holtz videos and trying out my own way of coloring the embossing folder.  They recommend using a light spray on the cardstock to get the deepest impression before running it through the Sizzix machine three times and let dry before applying color.  I just love how the metallic cardstock came out.  

Also, others recommend using  a brayer to color the inside of the embossing plate or top of the embossed cardstock but I found that taking my Distress ink pad and go over the embossing plate on the inside to get the different coloring for the inside of the embossed cardstock worked the best for me.  When I didn't achieve the color the first time, I reinked the inside of the embossing plate and put the embossing cardstock back into the plate and ran it through my Sizzix Big Shot again. 

Secondly, to color just the top of the embossed cardstock, after embossing a plain white cardstock, just take a brayer but I liked using the ink pad and lightly go over the top.  Some people sponge on colors on the cardstock, emboss, sand the top and then apply the ink for a different look.

Thirdly, you can get a different look by using the back of the embossed cardstock.  Since you will have edges that weren't embossed, cut this off and apply a lot of glue to the back of the embossed cardstock to adhere to the base or frame of the card.  

I always loved the Sizzix Impresslits which emboss and cut at the same time.  I have done a few differently to show ways of getting different looks. 

To prevent cracks, best to spray the card stock lightly before going through the Sizzix machine.  For the two tone hearts,  I ran the Sizzix Lucky Love twice with white cardstock.  I took one white heart and colored the edges with Prima Marketing wax, tried with a brush to apply Perfect Pearl (my favorite), or cut out another one with metallic cardstock.  I cut out the center of the heart and glued to the other heart.  If I wanted a better impression after I glued the center and base together, I put the heart back into the Impresslit and ran it through the Sizzix again to make it fit better..  

For the one card, I printed the names and then cut out the printed paper to fit around the die cut on the inside of the Impresslit folder and centered on the Impresslit, taped it in place around the inside of the folder to prevent it from moving and ran through the Sizzix about two times.  The impresslit is clear on the one side so it provides a window so that you can see where you centered the name.   I cut out the center of the heart and glued to another heart impresslit from metallic cardstock and glued the two together.  

I added a little ribbon and a few Wild Orchid Craft flowers and my two Valentine cards are complete.  There are so many possibilites and fun you will have with these Sizzix embossing and Impresslit folders.

I embossed vellum and cut out a strip and used Scor-Tape to adhere to the pink card.  

Supplies:


That’s it for me today!  I’m still trying to get back on track after the New Year!  Now it is crafting our Valentine's cards and other occasions to keep up busy.

The Rubber Buggy has the crafting supplies for your next project. So have fun crafting this weekend with these products.   My cards and projects are always posted on Saturday.  Keep watching and thank you so much for those wonderful comments as well as suggestions. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger.