Saturday, March 14, 2020

Steampuck Birthday Card with Tim Holtz

Welcome back and hope you are having a wonderful start for the new year.  I have a few male birthday cards to make right now and a nice change from making Christmas cards for the past few months. If you are looking for vintage parts for your vintage steam puck projects, The Rubber Buggy on-line store carries the supplies you will need from Prima Marketing, Tim Holtz, etc.  The Rubber Buggy carries these major name-brand craft supplies with fast delivery and wonderful customer services.

I had a sheet in my piling stash of old paper of gold mirror foil and embossed it with the Sizzix 3D Tim Holtz Mechanic Embossing Folder.  I used a brush to apply the Prima Marketing Finnabair Black Gesso over the entire sheet.  If you use a brush and tap it on, you will get more of a rustic appearance rather than brushing it smoothly.    I applied the Prima Marketing Metallique Aged Brass, Rich Copper, Ginger Sparks and Red Amber with some Ranger Dauber Black Soot.  Occasionally, I used a dry wipe to spread or remove any excess colors.

I cut out the edges of the embossed section before gluing and adding the gears that were also covered with black gesso and various colors of the same Prima Marketing Metallique waxes. I love using the Prima Marketing waxes since it provides a nice metallic sheen on this paper along with the Prima Marketing Art Alchemy Ginger Sparks.   I just use my fingers to smear these waxes and Sparks on the paper and gears.   I first applied the black gesso in thPrima Marketing Finnabair Art Basic Mixed Media Essentials Gesso Sets on the gears and screws and let dry before applying the waxes and Sparks.

I added the brown baker twine and then used a hot glue gun for the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Metal Word Bands.  I smeared some Prima Marketing waxes on the metal word bands.  

I cut out some patterned brown paper and distress the one edge with my fingers and used a pencil to draw the stitches.  I applied the Ranger Antique Linen to the edges for a distress look.  


I sponged on the Ranger Distress Antique Linen ink to the stamped sentiment and number 41st.  


Graphic 45 Staples Square Tag and Clock


I had so much fun making these cards and hope you will too.  So have fun crafting this weekend with these products.   My cards and projects are always posted on Saturday.  Keep watching and thank you so much for those wonderful comments as well as suggestions. 

Enjoy and Happy Crafting!



1 comment:

  1. If you're looking to burn fat then you certainly have to start following this totally brand new custom keto meal plan.

    To create this service, certified nutritionists, personal trainers, and professional cooks have joined together to provide keto meal plans that are efficient, decent, price-efficient, and delightful.

    From their first launch in January 2019, 1000's of clients have already completely transformed their body and well-being with the benefits a great keto meal plan can provide.

    Speaking of benefits: in this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-proven ones provided by the keto meal plan.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger.