Saturday, April 18, 2020

Tiffany Loves to Text

Hi everyone! Nancy, here.  Are you missing seeing your friends or family members right now during this shutdown and have been texting them with messages throughout the day?  I would image this would definitely put a smile on their face when they open up this this special card from you. 

Stamping Bella - Uptown Girl - Tiffany Loves to Text is so cute with three text sentiments for you to use on your card.  I love that the bag is filled with spring time flowers which is perfect for this time of year. Also, Stamping Bella.com has many coloring tutorials called Stamping Bella Marker Geek U-Tubes for coloring their stamp images. I just google Stamping Bella Marker Geek, then the name of the stamp set and most of the time, I get a video on how they colored their stamp set.   I view these U-Tubes videos often to learn very valuable techniques and color guides for coloring my Stamping Bella stamps.

The card above is a shaker card with the 28 Lilac Lane Shaker Sunrise Mix inside of the frame behind a sheet protector that was cut out and glued behind the white frame.  I cut out five white frames for thickness for the shaker mix and adhered a cut out sheet protector behind one front white frame using Scor-Tape double-sided tape and the rest of the white frames adhered with Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced glue.  I try to make my frames thick enough to move the shaker mix around.    I just love the variety of colors of the 28 Lilac Lane Shaker Mixes.  

I colored the background with Distress Oxide Inks:  Tumbled Glass Spun Sugar, and Shaded Lilac using the Picket Fence Studio brushes and then stamped the sentiments from the Tiffany stamp set.  I strongly recommend the Picket Fence Studio brushes for sponging.  I just tap the ink on the brush, tap it on scrap paper first to get the heavy ink off, and then brush it on the paper.  What I especially like about these brushes is that most of the ink comes off the brush and I can apply the next color of ink when blending the two colors side by side.  When done, I just use a little soap and water and let dry to use again.  These brushes don't wear out.  


Tiffany was first stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, let dry for a few minutes and then colored with Copic makers and cut out with scissors.   I adhered Tiffany with glue.  I used a hot glue gun to adhere the 6mm flat back string pearls, handmade bow and 10mm Wild Orchid Craft flowers.

I tried using other black ink for stamping and coloring but always prefer Memento Tuxedo Black ink since it doesn't bleed black ink while coloring with my Copic Markers.  

I am loving this Donna Downey Signature Stencil - Bubbles  now.  I used the Picket Fence Studio brush with Distress Oxide ink with various parts of this stencil to get this background.  If you apply light colors of Distress ink to the background, you can then stamp Tiffany as well and then color her with Copic Markers.  I used an ole Heartfelt Creation daisy die and paper and added Flower Soft to the center of the daisies. I added a pink and white twine behind the flower.   I used a Lawn Fawn Rectangle Scallop die frame with lime green cardstock behind Tiffany.  I colored the grass with Copic Markers.
I hope I have inspired you try out these products available at The Rubber Buggy on-line store.  My cards and projects are always posted on Saturday.  Keep watching and thank you so much for those wonderful comments as well as suggestions. 
Enjoy and Happy Crafting!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger.