Saturday, May 16, 2020

Father's Day or Birthday

Welcome back and hope you are having a wonderful weekend.  I made this birthday card for my son-in-law and wanted the steampuck theme.  The steam puck is also great for your Father's Day card.  If you are looking for vintage parts for your steam puck projects, The Rubber Buggy on-line store carries the supplies you will need from Prima Marketing, Tim Holtz, etc.  The Rubber Buggy carries these major name-brand craft supplies with fast delivery and wonderful customer services.


Sizzix 3D Tim Holtz Mechanic Embossing Folder 

I cut out gold mirror metallic cardstock and embossed it with the Sizzix 3D Tim Holtz Mechanic Embossing Folder. I brush  the Prima Marketing Finnabair Black Gesso over the entire sheet.  If you use a brush and tap it on, you will get more of a rustic appearance rather than brushing it smoothly.   I used my hot embossing gun to dry the black gesso.  I used the Prima Marketing Art Alchemy Sparks Dragon Eyes along with the Prima Marketing Metallique Aged BrassRich Copper and Red Amber.  Occasionally, I used a dry wipe to spread or remove any excess colors.

I cut out the excess edges of the gold metallic cardstock before gluing and adding the gears that were also covered with black gesso and various colors if these Prima Marketing Metallique waxes.  I used a hot glue gun to adhere the gears to the card and used the Beacon 3-in-1 Advanced Glue.  I typed the name Josh and printed it on cream cardstock and used my fingers to sponge on the Ranger Distress Collage Vintage Medium to give it more of the aged look but also Distress Ink Antique Linen would work as well.  I cut it out and glued behind the Tim Holtz Idea-ology Ornate Label Frame which could be substituted with the new Tim Holtz Ideao-Ology Metal Adornament Plates that was also sponged with the Prima Marketing Aged Brass wax with my fingers.


I had so much fun making these cards and hope you will too.  So have fun crafting this weekend with these products.   My cards and projects are always posted on Saturday.  Keep watching and thank you so much for those wonderful comments as well as suggestions. 

Enjoy and Happy Crafting!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger.