Saturday, April 29, 2017

Occasionally, we need a sympathy card for a dear friend or relative.  I made this card using the Heartfelt Creations Flowering Dogwood collection of paper, dies and stamps besides the gorgeous Heartfelt Creations Regal Border and Pocket and Heartfelt Creations Fleur Border Basic die set purchased from The Rubber Buggy on-line store.  

The card measures 6 1/4" wide and 8" in length.

This is the inside of the card using the Heartfelt Creations Flowering Dogwood paper.  

I added the US Artquest Mini Sage Advice prills in the center of the dogwood flowers to give the flowers more of a realistic appearance.  I just added a touch of glue in the center of each flower and used a small spoon to add the prills.  

The flowers were stamped on vellum using the Heartfelt Creations Flowering Dogwood stamp with Ranger Silver Pearl embossing powder and cut out with the Heartfelt Creations Flowering Dogwood die set.  I sponged the tips of the petals with  the Ranger Pink Gumball ink and molded the petals with flowering molding tools.  I cut out the leaves with Ranger black ink and sponged some green ink to the edges before molding the leaves with a flowering molding tool and my fingers.  

I added a seam binding bow behind one flower.  
Hope to inspire you to make a card similar or just get out your wonderful supplies for The Rubber Buggy to start crafting this spring.  

The Rubber Buggy Design Team has something new to share with you each day.  Pop in and see for yourself what is being shared by this talented group of inspiring designers!!
Have a fabulous crafting day!
I'll be back again next Saturday with a new card or project.
In the meantime, here are all The Rubber Buggy quick links you will need:
Thank you again for stopping by 
Nancy Hill

Designer for The Rubber Buggy

1 comment:

  1. I really like this card, I have never made one so detailed for a sympathy card. But I will now. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger.