Saturday, December 2, 2017

Happy Birthday Easel Card


Welcome back to The Rubber Buggy blog for Nancy Hill, Design Team member.  I love personalizing my easel cards with the drawer for each person.  Sometime the drawer is filled with chocolates, dies, gift cards or money and on top of the drawer could be a Post-It or calendar.  The sentiment is inside the drawer.  I have samples of other cards similar to this one in my tutorial.  To see my tutorial on how to make an easel card with a drawer, click HERE.

The easel card with the drawer measures 7" x 7".   I used a heavy weight 110 lb cream cardstock and adhered the drawer and easel card with Scor-Tape. This card was made mostly of the Heartfelt Creation collection All Glammed Up stamps and die sets besides other Heartfelt Creation dies and stamp sets from The Rubber Buggy.  

On top of the drawer is a Post-It.  I made a cover for it with the Heartfelt Creations All Glammed Up paper.  I cut out a sentiment found in this  paper collection and adhered it to a banner that was glued on top of the cover.

The background behind the photo is the Heartfelt Creation Fashionista stamp that was embossed with NUVO Gold Enchantment Glitter embossing powder.  I cut out the shoe from the Heartfelt Creations Lift Your Sole die and stamp set  and used 3D foam dots to stick on top of identical shoe in the Heartfelt Creations Fashionista stamp set.  I used Copic markers on the flowers of this shoe.  



Using the Heartfelt Creations Classic Rose die and stamp set, I stamped and embossed the flower with the NUVO gold embossing powder and cut the petals out.  I used a flower shaping tool for the flower before gluing it together.  I cut out the Heartfelt Creations Classic Rose leaf with gold metallic cardstock and glued it on back of the rose.  I took a branch die cut and added glue to the tip of the branches and dipped it in a small packet of star foam balls.  I glued this behind the leaf.  I made the bow from seam binding ribbon and glued it on the back.  I cut out the label "Treasured" from the Heartfelt Creations All Glammed up paper collection and glued it next to the ribbon.  

I stamp the inside drawer with the Heartfelt Creations Botanic Orchid Wish Stamp and colored it with colored pencils.  I added a decorative brad in front of the drawer.  

This is when the easel card is folded down on the drawer.  The photo of my grand daughter was adhered to an oval that was cut out with gold metallic cardstock. I used the Heartfelt Creations Eyelet Oval die and cut it out with gold metallic cardstock and trimmed the scallops off of the die cut.  I cut out another Heartfelt Creations Eyelet Oval die cut that is shown behind the photo  with the Heartfelt Creations All Glammed Up paper and glued the photo with the gold oval on top.  

Supplies:
Heartfelt Creations All Glammed Up paper collection
Heartfelt Creations All Glammed Up Shoe die
Heartfelt Creations Lift Your Sole stamp set
Heartfelt Creations Fashionista stamp
Heartfelt Creations Eyelet Oval die set
Heartfelt Creations Classic Rose die
Heartfelt Creations Classic Rose stamp
1" wide Scor-Tape
Scrapbook Adhesive 3D Foam Tape
NUVO Gold Enchantment Glitter Embossing Powder

I can't wait to see the possibilities that you will create making an easel card with a drawer. wreath.  You can purchase these dies and supplies from The Rubber Buggy on-line store.
Enjoy and Happy Crafting!

Nancy Hill
The Rubber Buggy Design Team


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger.