Monday, October 21, 2019

Sisterly Love Easel Card


 Welcome back and I am so excited to share my easel box card with my tutorial on how to make with boxes and I am using the beautiful Lemon Craft My Sweet Provence paper collection which comes in two different paper pads available at The Rubber Buggy on-line store.  The Rubber Buggy carries all of the name-brand products and supplies you will need to create those amazing keepsake cards, scrapbook pages and beautiful craft projects!

Lemon Craft My Sweet Provence and Lemon Craft My Sweet Provence Basic

The circle rose wreath is part of this Lemon Craft My Sweet Provence along with the background.  I cut out this wreath with a circle die and adhered it on the background.  Since I will be adding chocolates to this gift box, I will put out a 6" x 6" wax paper to cover this background before adding the chocolates in case some chocolates smear the paper.  I used a stamp for the sentiment from an  ole stamp collection.
I love using the Heartfelt Creations Classic Rose die with the Heartfelt Creation Rose mold to make most of my flowers that I use on my projects.  I used part of this Lemon Craft My Sweet Provence patterned paper to cut out the petals for the rose.  I cut out the leaves with this same Lemon Craft paper collection and sponged on some green ink on the edges of the leaves before molding the leaves.  I added two clear Prima Marketing Melange Art Pebbles on the top and bottom of the lamp and then used NUVO Gloss Glitter Pen on the lamp to bring out the light.  I had some old stickers for the sentiment.  I framed the top with a scallop border.  I made a handmade bow and added 
10mm Wild Orchid Craft rose in the center of the rhinestone heart.
I adhered the sides of the box with the Lemon Craft My Sweet Provence.  On three sides, I cut out the lace from one of the patterned papers of this Lemon Craft collection and adhered it on raspberry colored cardstock.  I used a 1" punch to cut out the front of the box to open it up.
Instructions

Top and Bottom For Drawer

I highly recommend heavy card stock and if the pattern paper isn't heavy, just use heavy card stock for the frame and glue the pattern paper on it.  

This is the bottom for drawer.  Cut a 7 3/8" x 8 1/2 using heavy cardstock.  Score 1 1/4" on the three sides with one of the long sides not scored.  Fold the score lines.   As shown on the photo below, cut along the score line of the corners.  You will add double-sided self adhesive tape and tape the tabs to this box (see photo below).  I like using 1" Scor-Tape which is very adhesives and wonderful for heavy cardstock.  See below.  


Cut the top for drawer at 7 5/16" x 8 7/16" and score 1 1/4" on the three sides with one of the long sides not scored.  Follow the same instruction above for the drawer.  Afterwards, add double-sided self adhesive tape on the outside of this drawer on three sides and adhere to the bottom drawer.




Drawer
This is the drawer that will pull out.  Using heavy weight cardstock, cut 8 1/8" x 8 1/8" and score 1 1/8" on all four sides and fold.  Cut the top and bottom of each fold like in the corners as shown above.  Using double-sided self adhesive tape, tape the box.    
Easel Card to Attach to Drawer
Make sure to use heavy cardstock or one solid cardstock and at patterned paper adhere to the cardstock.  I found that if you don't do this and add flowers, the easel part of the card will droop due to the weight.  

Cut a 6" x 12" cardstock and score at 3" and 6" and fold the score lines.  This is what it may look like gluing or using 1" double-sided adhesive tape of the easel card to the drawer. 

I liked adding my flowers and finishing the easel card  before adhering this to the drawer.  Cut a 6" x 6" square and add your flower, etc. and adhere from the 3" fold to the bottom.  
Cut another 6" x 6" square for the inside of the easel card and adhere. Add your sentiment on a decorative frame and use 3D foam tape or dots to give the height  of the decorative frame for the inside so that the top with  slide on and stay when the easel card is opened.  

2 samples of using 3D foam tape or dots to give the height of the frame on the inside for the top of the card to slide and sit/fit on the inside.  

I hope I have inspired you try out these products available at The Rubber Buggy on-line store.  My cards and projects are always posted on Saturday.  Keep watching and thank you so much for those wonderful comments as well as suggestions. 

Enjoy and Happy Crafting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger.