Saturday, May 18, 2019

Graduation Card

Welcome back and I am excited to share a shabby chic Graduation card.  Hard to believe that graduation is here already.  The Rubber Buggy has all of those name brand products with wonderful customer service for your next project.

Pion Design Sweet Baby Forget Me Not
I love the quality and patterned papers of the Pion Design collections.  The Rubber Buggy just received the newest arrivals of the Pion Design.  Also, I cut out the lace paper and butterfly from the the Pion Design Linneaus Botanical Journal paper.   I used my sewing machine to stitched the edges.

The scroll was made using the Prima Marketing Vintage Art Decor-Louis mould with the Prima Marketing Paper Clay and another one with the Stamperia Soft Paper clay to try out the brands.  So far, I prefer the Stamperia Extra Light Soft Paper clay but will need more practice with the Prima Marketing Paper Clay.   
Make sure to sprinkle baby powder or regular corn starch in any mould before using inserting the  paper clay in the mold.  Otherwise, you most likely will have problems with breaking the scrolls when getting the scrolls out of the mould.  Also, I use just Beacon 3 n 1 Advanced glue when my scroll breaks getting it out of the mould.  I used a paint brush and applied white gesso from the Prima Marketing Finnabiar Art Basic collection to the scrolls.  When dried, I sprayed some water on my coral ink pad and applied the ink on the scrolls along with some Prima Marketing Gold Rush colored metallic paste.  I used the Beacon 3 n 1 Advanced glue to adhere the scrolls on the card. 

I typed and printed the sentiment and die cut it with an oval die.  I sponged the sentiment along with the edges of the card with the Tim Holtz Distress Antique Linen ink and framed with a chipboard that was coated with Prima Marketing Art Alchemy Rose Gold  paint.

I used my fingers to apply Prima Marketing white gesso from the Prima Marketing Finnabiar Art Basic collection and then Prima Marketing Art Alchemy Rose Gold wax to the metal corner embellishments and used a hot glue gun to adhere the metal to the corner of the card.  I used my fingers and applied the same wax along with the Prima Marketing Gold Rush on top of the wax to the chipboard.  I end up with a lot of gold fingers that washes off with soap and water.  

 My cards and projects are always posted on Saturday.  Keep watching and thank you so much for those wonderful comments as well as suggestions. 
Enjoy and Happy Crafting!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger.