Monday, March 20, 2017

Heartfelt Creations Watering Can with tutorial from Bev

Hi... it's Bev here today and I am super excited to share. I had a chance to create with amazing products from The Rubber Buggy. Here is a watering can project I made using Heartfelt Creations products from the store.  Below you will find a template and instructions for making this cute project.

Supply List:
Heartfelt Creations Products
Glue: Art Glitter Dries Clear Adhesive
Other: Spellbinders Labels 46 die, accents, beads, stickles, lace, ribbons, string
Template: see photo attached and original link:


Instructions:
Watering Can Project
Template can be printed and cut on 8.5x11” or enlarged to fit 12x12 paper for larger size. I enlarged the main base to fit 12x12 and estimated size of the handle and spout with adjustments to close in the pieces.

1. Using the templates trace and cut the pieces to your watering can.


Fold your watering can, spout and handle pieces.

 

TIP: to make the curvature on the upper lid edge of watering can I using the flower shaping kit to bevel the outer edge instead of adding the extra strip of paper. It worked perfectly especially with the high quality of Heartfelt Creations paper.


2. Using the Ornate  Borders & Pockets die cut in coordinating paper and apply to the upper lid section fitting into the rounded concave grove. If your making the smaller size watering can you’ll have decorate this section to fit the size your working on.



3.Using the Spellbinders Label 46 smallest die cut 2 of them to fit on the front and back panels under where you placing the sprout and handle section… for added décor.
4. The upper lid section on the outer sides need to be bend and glued into the outer edges.
5. Form your spout and handle ready to apply to the front and back panels. On the handle section I used a large stapler to add extra strength to it. Otherwise just glue it firmly. The spout was glued only.

 


6. Using the Border Essentials die I cut 4 of them and glued and cut them to fit the 4 bottom sides.



7. On top of this border I glued some thinner lace all the way around.



8. Next using the Wildwood Floral Dies I cut and layers some flower and added some accents to the centres. I also took print flowers off the Sun Kissed paper Collection and fussy cut both small and larger flowers to add to the shaped floral cluster  for the main section of the watering can.
I die cut both the bird and the butterfly from the Garden Romance die collection. I cut 2 of each so I could pop them up giving 3D look for dimension.


9. Now taking all the flowers, 3D accents and adding some beaded accents I started gluing on and clustering the main section.


10.  I die cut a few more flowers and also a leafy piece to accent the side of the spout.
11. I now went back into my stash to find a few more beads, stones, hearts etc to decorate the upper lid, the spout and a few more accents added to the main floral cluster.


12. Last but not least was the cute small clustered ribbons and bead accents is added to the back handle. Tie them off and glue the beads and your done.




 Thanks for joining me today. Sure hope I inspired you to try making a watering can of your own.... If you do share your link in the comments to I can view your creations too.


1 comment:

  1. A person will be excited to get this gorgeous tea pot with this gorgeous paper and wonderful work put into this. So well done. Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Powered by Blogger.